Friday, March 06, 2009

Choose, but choose wisely

In life, there are numerous decisions to be made. Simple ones like what you're going to wear or eat for breakfast. And then there are complex ones. Such as, your career path, where to live, and who to marry.
For some, decisions making is fairly seamless, or at least it appears that way. For the logical, and highly pragmatic it makes sense. One can create a pro and con chart and the answer, in theory, presents itself.
I however, belong to another group of people. The type of person that can become perplexed by making even the simplest of decisions. I believe this is because I am more of an emotionally driven decision maker. I always want to make the very best decision.
I've been asked by Matthew "can't you just think about this logically".
I answered "yes, but that just doesn't make any sense." This is due to the fact that logic and emotions often conflict.
Honestly, I don't know why I'm writing this. But I'm curious...
Are you more of a pragmatic or emotional decision maker. Most of the time, do you purchase things and choose to do things because of your feelings or logic.

5 comments:

  1. Yes - i'm going to have to say both too ... there are parts that i'm emotional over - like for example if i see something bling or silly and it's on major sale , that's FUR SURE and emotional decision. ( i mean like very few dollars ) -- then there's the logic of family decisions when the girls come ... who will be here ... what will we plan ... who will they want to see ... how will we get it all right ...
    OH -- IDK Sarah - prob not much help am i ?? but i'm a both and it can be even at the same second too ( wink-wink) --- love YOU TONS !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both! Absolutely. There are different feelings for different decisions. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay so I do both types of thinking too... But which one are you primarily?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a logical person. I can not move forward
    (w/o a grudge anyway) unless I know WHY I'm being asked to do something or WHY it's important. I need it to make sense it's a waste of time, money, space, etc. I more my father that way. Thanks for this post! I've never really thought about this before!

    ReplyDelete