Monday, November 15, 2010

Top 10 Things I am Thankful for

The top 10 things I am greatful for. But the way, I know that greatful is actually spelled G-R-A-T-F-U-L. But, I don't care. Because, I Think it is Great and should be spelled as such.
1
Fall Decorations. Love them. (They aren't usually all on my counter)
2
Water! Love it, last year It would have been Diet Coke but,
I have rediscovered my true love
3
A Stocked Party via Coupons!!! Love Coupons

4
Alex's People. Pictured here are Cody & Patricia who have become a part of our extended family. Every day "RiT-a", As Alex calls her, picks him up from schools and takes him to his therapies and droped him of safely at home. Always with a smile on his face.
He has been blessed with amazing teachers, speech, OT and Hab. providers. His people are a blessing to me because I don't have to run around like a chicken with my head cut off anymore.
Okay, so I still do, sometimes, just not nearly as often.5
Crafts with Tyson are so fun. I love how he is impressed with the projects we do. This idea came from my sister Wendy. He loves this Turkey. It goes to bed with him every night.
6
My "Cute room"
Thanks to garage selling and a little more time on my hands I finally have a nice quite place to sit. This is my favorite spot in my whole house.
7
Garage Sales. Here's my latest find this fancy stroller 10 bucks ;o)
8
Supportive Family
. Tons of them are not pictured as I have a huge group of Siblings, In-laws, Aunts, Uncles Gma's and even an adopted Ganny Janny. 9
Matthew
, a Man that I am still Silly in Love with.
We have both changed a lot in the past 7 years.
But, he still continues to bless my life every day.
10
The Temple! Love this picture too, a fabulous gift from my Mom for my Birthday this year.
(If you look closely you will notice the image in 3 of my 10 items.)
I took this idea from the inspiring Nie Nie. But, first, a confession. When I first saw her blog, before her accident, I was like, so what. She's cute and talented just like hundreds of other moms.
But, I was wrong. After listening to her post-accident accounts and feeling the spirit of her messages, I have discovered what makes her exceptional.
Her unfailing love for living, God, and family. These attributes have been proven and have strengthened through her experiences. While others may have been destroyed, she contines to thrive. What an amazing example she is !

The reality is, we all have had, or will have our "accidents" in life.
Like it or not, who we really are and will become, is greatly determined by how we choose to handle our part.
Lisa, another amazing woman, reminded me of this very concept. She reciently shared her friends words on her blog,
"When I knew this was our trial, (or accident)
I wanted to make sure I did it well."
I hope that when all is said and done I will be able to run home with open arms to an all knowing and loving Heavenly father and say all in all, I did it well.
Thank you for the blessing each of you have been and continue you to be in my life. There are so many things to count when we really take the time to be GREAT-FUL for all that we have been blesses with.

11 comments:

  1. Two posts in a few weeks?! You are spoiling us! I loved reading what you are grateful for...(oh, I mean GREATFUL :)! You have been an inspiration for me--I hope you know that people are watching you and pulling for you...and learning a lot from you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Taryn! I am trying to make it my Monday Thing. If I can't make it part of my routine, it just doesn't happen.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post Sarah! Great insight, inspiring!! I love finding you've made a new addition too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this post!! We really have so much to be thankful for. I could tell when I was in your house the other day the sweet spirit that was there and feelings of thankfulness. I love the turkey idea, I'm going to steal it for preschool tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw Wendy's I thought the same thing. Cute and easy.
    Thank you all for your comments! Brightens my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a GREAT post! I love all the things you shared and I'm so happy that you're finding som balance in your life. Not gonna lie, totally impressed with the pic of your organized and full pantry. There is something SO satisfying there!
    Glad you're posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:13 PM

    Dear Sarah, What a great message for all of us. I have to add that you are bringing great joy to all of us who have watched your challenges and wished you well. Thank you for sharing with us your hope and strength. You are a great-ful blessing in our lives. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. please visit my blog http://modernirishboy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snap is an ITES Solution provider based in india with its eminent
    and potent team, which caters clients in level of sure satisfaction.

    Snaptechno

    ReplyDelete
  10. Admiring the persistence you put into your blog and in depth information you provide. It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same unwanted rehashed material. Fantastic read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This blog is terrific. There is often all the ideal data at the suggestions of my fingers. Thanks and maintain up the beneficial work!

    ReplyDelete