Monday, December 27, 2010

The Best Christmas EVER!!!

Before Christmas was here, Alex assured me,
" This is going to be the best Christmas EVER!"
The Truth is, he was right.
This was the first year that both Alex & Tyson knew exactly what
they wanted for Christmas.
Alex has been making his Santa list for months.
His list included: Cheetahs, Big Tea Set, Helicopter, and a Shark Book.
While Tyson has not yet developed the language skills to articulate a list,
he managed to communicate what he wanted most.Every time we went to a store that sold Barbie cars he was quick to locate them and do a silent display of interest or a "sit in". He would park himself in front of the item for a VERY LONG time...until I finally had to carry him out of the store.
When Matthew or I were on the computer,
he would come up to us and say, "Ba-be Ca." Needless to say, we have spent a great deal of time looking at Barbie Cars.
In preparation for Christmas, we blew and racked tons of leaves .
Matthew began this great project Thursday Evening after work.The boys loved "helping," by jumping in the piles & By making Leaf Angels.

Thursday Night was also the Extended Shumway Family Caroling Party.
Since the boys were tired, and it's too hard for them to go to events of that magnitude, I represented to Foote Fam.
Rekah, my brother Dave's daughter came over for a sleep over.
We had lots of fun! And the boys were so happy
to discover our guest when they woke -up.
Christmas Eve. We are blessed to live pretty close to both Sides of your family so we got to spend a nice chunk of time with Footes and Shums.In Matthew's family, the Footes have a tradition of setting up & organizing the lighting of luminaries for their entire street. This is a picture of Ty playing Ring around the rosy in the front yard with his cousins. After a delicious Mexican food and a cousin gift exchange,
we headed to Gma & Papa Shumways for the Nativity Scene & Program.
Here's some photos from the program.

Here's the You Tube Link to the nativity After the Nativity, there was a Shumway Cousin's exchanged gifts & Santa Claus called to talk to all the children.
Finally, we headed home to let the boys open their Christmas Puppy PJs.
Christmas Morning
Alex & Ty were asleep by 10:00 While Santa and his elves were busy in the Back yard assembling the Boy's largest gift.
Alex was so excited that we woke up at 2:30 saying Momma, It's time to open presents. Once I got him conviced that it was still the middle of the night we were all asleep until 6:30 am.


One of Alex's favorite gifts was a Ocean play set. Tyson, as you can see thought it also made a great swimming pool. They fed Ken to the sharks too.I think Ty wanted to be one of the Sharks
because he to was taking a bite out of Ken's head.
Christmas Linner
(you know that meal that encompasses both Lunch and Dinner)
Matthew is quite skilled at making a moist and delicious Turkey. We decided to invite both sides of our family to come over for Turkey, Ham, Scalloped & Mashed potatoes and what ever else people wanted to bring.
It was a lovely feast! And the kids had fun breaking in the Trampoline. I wish I had more photos of this fun event but, I was too busy to take them.
These kids don't look very happy because Alex was making them mad.
(He was pitting and getting all worked up)Night Time
That is about it accept our absolute FAVORITE Gift is Charlie Brown. We adore his. He is a great addition to out family.
We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas too!

7 comments:

  1. Well, well. I actually loved this post, and when I went to link to it to comment from Reader, it said that the post didn't exist! I figured that it was one that you had posted momentarily, and then took it down to edit or whatever, but Reader caught it any way and put it in my reading list. This has happened to me before personally, and with others' posts. Anyhow, my point is that I wanted to comment, but was deterred. I'm glad that post is here so I can comment now!

    I LOVE all the pictures. The boys are so handsome...and getting so grown up! I think their Christmas wish lists are the best--Did their dreams come true? Did you find Tyson's car? I see that Alex got his Cheetahs and looks pretty content.

    Okay, now I see what happened...I just read back through the post, and see that you have added to what I originally read. Before it ended at a nativity picture of Alex but now your post is the full Christmas eve/day shebang! Now I definitely know that the boys had a blast for Christmas. I bet it was hard to find a white barbie car...good searching mom and dad! I love Ty swimming with the sharks. And a trampoline? How awesome! I'm sure the boys are in heaven! Merry Christmas All!

    PS--Sarah, I think you are the best looking mama on Christmas morning! Pretty even at 6:30 am and running on very little sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Barbie car was truly a blessing. I found it at a Secondhand store, never opened in the original packaging. I even traded in stuff so it was free.
    Sorry for the confusion on the post. It took way to long to document the event. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some great pictures!! Love Tyson swimming with the sharks and breaking in his teeth on Ken!! You were incredible hosts of Christmas Day dinner! You are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!Nice pictures I like it. Nice shot and you have a beautiful family.


    Seattle Real Estate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! those are beautiful photos.
    Great wonderful family.

    Thanks for sharing this to us.


    Edina MN Realty |
    Windows 7 | Scrapbooking Supplies | Texas Antelope Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7:41 AM

    nice blog and good photo
    Great blog really enjoyed reading it. Have bookmarked you and will check back regular. Please feel free to take a look at my blog...
    Cheap Flights to Penang
    Flights to Penang
    penang Flights to

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!Nice pictures I like it. Nice shot and you have a beautiful family.

    <cheap flights to cebu
    < Flights to cebu
    < cebu flights

    ReplyDelete