Monday, January 03, 2011

I Talk to Myself

You know the words to the song ... "I talk to myself cause there is no one to talk to"
Lately, I feel like that. Quite a lot actually.
Especially here on my blog. No comments for my last 2 posts. Is anyone reading this? Or, am I actually talking to myself?

This is not just an on-line. You see, I live in Boy Land. You know, the place where the toilet seat is either left up or down and generally sticky and wet, from a mystery yellow liquid.
I've complained about the seat being left up. Perhaps because, I grew up with brothers, or maybe unconsciously I knew it was far better then a wet or sticky seat. I won't even start talking about the lack of aiming that occurs in Boy Land that is another horror in and of it's self.
Still completely off the subject. (image taken from here)
Talking.... Yes. Lately I have been suffering from a talking deficit. I have not yet starting talking to myself but I am considering the possibility.

Is this because I am a Chatty Patty?
Maybe. I'm not denying I was given the gift (or curse of The Blab). Have I become a person that people cringe at the caller ID, thinking I better not take this, could take a while?
I propose the core of the issues is Boy Land.
Studies have shown that women talk almost three times as much as men, with the average woman chalking up 20,000 words in a day - 13,000 more than the average man.(Stats taken from here)
And with our little clan, I am quite certain that the word count is lower then the average. And I live in a house with 3 Boys and now Charlie our BOY dog.
So, if you ever feel the need to blab, give me a call. And, if you read my blog please comment or Just leave me a :o)
Love you all!
Sarah

10 comments:

  1. I understand just where you're coming from! I, too, live in a house of boys (boys who speak even less than the average boy) and find myself talking to myself as well just to hear a voice doing something other than yelling. :) I'm sure it must be easier for me since I am shy and tend be somewhat (ok, extremely) unsocial, but sometimes it would be nice to have someone to talk to! I'm not a phone person at all, otherwise I'd call you right now, but once I'm well (we're STILL sick here!) we can get together and you can talk all you want. I'm a good listener! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lani, I adore you and I think we've met only once? It's amazing how similar our situation. Thank you so much for your comment and friendship. Notes are just as good as calls :o)
    I am so glad that you are Matthew's cousin. We have colds over here too and Alex coughed and made himself throw-up so looks he's home for the day.
    We will totally get together when the kids are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep forgetting to look at blogs!! Since I have been a huge slacker and haven't blogged for monthes, I assume everyone else is the same way. You looked so cute with your dog the other night. I'm glad he is not a stress but a delight for you! You are such a joy to talk to. Not a chatty Patty!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim! I think you are a lovely lady especially when you're Pregnant.
    I am silly about my Charlie, I so treat him like a baby. That's what happens when you want a baby and your husband will only agree to a dog.
    It is however, a good reminder of what Matthew is like w/ a baby a spoiler. Wants them to sleep in the bed and never self sooth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss regularly getting on the computer and enjoying blogs. Babysitting a newborn seems to leave never a dull moment. Love talking to you. Miss doing more fun stuff. Charlie is quite the cute little dog. Feel free to borrow my "borrowed baby" Gotta love boys who don't talk, nor listen, and especially their hideous aim while peeing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:54 PM

    Dear Daughter,
    I gotta add my sympathy. I relate to those isolated feelings, so long ago. Now, I am out talking to people and on the phone, and consequently I treasure the quiet times when I can think and plan and get things done. I have to consciously make myself carry on conversations at times, just because its easier to not...I love the one on one or small group settings to chat and connect. My challenge is to strike the balance, enough connecting time and conversation, and enough quiet, get it done time. I am glad to see you feeling ready to take on new challenges. Way to go. Just remember, the pendulum tends to swing back some from either far extreme. I say, just enjoy the season you're in! Keep on blogging, and remind me when you do one. If I check a few times with no added info, I forget to keep checking...Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, since I didn't realize you'd been updating again, i apologize for not being here to comment. But, I totally know how you feel. It is a bit disappointing when you put something out there and noone comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We as woman need to talk. I recently moved across the country and I have missed my girlfriends so bad...thank goodness for the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Snap is an ITES Solution provider based in india with its eminent
    and potent team, which caters clients in level of sure satisfaction.


    Snaptechno

    ReplyDelete