Sunday, September 07, 2008

What an Adventure...1st Foote Family Camping Trip



Last weekend, we went to Tonto Catch a fish w/ the Foote's AND went camping overnight with Ben & Kim, Wes & Sage. This weekend, I asked Matthew what he thought about the experience, he said:"It was a lot of fun."
While that is true, I don't think that is how I'd describe it. Matthew & the kid loved it, but for me it's like bending myself into a human pretzel. I love my bed, shower, & potty, comfort, and everything else in my life that is predictable. Camping offers not one of those things. However there were a lot of wonderful things about the adventure.

The high points were:
1. The Boys were in heaven,
2. Smores are delicious,
3. The Stars
4. We saw a deer close-up
5. I picking delicious wild black berries
6. Playing in the Campfire without anyone telling me to stop.
7. Giggling w/ Alex & Ty at 3 am during a torrential rain storm
8. 5am breakfast at Del Taco to keep dry during the storm
9. Playing in Water that the city doesn't bill us for
10. Uninterrupted Family Time


You might also notice that there are no pictures of me on here. That is becasue I am not cute when I am camping and I refuse to be in photos that I will delete later. Also, I am usually so busy chasing my boys so- getting pictures taken is not the priority.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the pictures! Call me if you need help :) Looking at the pics on Kimmy's blog made me wish I liked camping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:42 PM

    I have a rule that we have to camp at least 2 nights to make all the packing worth it! Good for you for giving it a shot. I know my kids love it and I am creating gr8 memories for their life. I do however, have a moment where I regret it. I think I should pack up a metal stake to pound in the ground and tether Lil' Aaron to it like a doberman.
    Remember this young camper: If you do not get sloppy with the Smores...the trip is all in vain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I found your blog!!!! I see you On Facebook all the time but am on my blog way more. I've been meaning to leave you a little note for awhile now. I too miss giving Alex haircuts!!! I wish more people around here knew that I cut hair!!! I hope all is well with you and your family. It will be fun to check your blog and get updates!!!

    Sorry to hear that Washington was a dark and gloomy time in your life but do understand. Washington can be very gloomy if you're not use to it!!! I miss Washington so much and wish I was back there. It's been a rough adjustment for me to move away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK. I seriously cried when I saw the pictures of your boys! Last time I saw Ty he was still in a baby car seat! And Alex! What a cute little man! They're all grown up....boo-hoo, weep-sob ;)

    ReplyDelete