Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Freedom has a Price

Yesterday I, like many Americans stood in a polling booth to connect simple lines. To me, those little arrows meant more then any others ever connected.
They symbolize a freedom that is so easily taken for granted.
And yet, until the final hour before I voted, I was still waffling back and forth about who the best candidate was.
For me, the hardest part of Presidential elections are, hearing "honest men" lie.
The emotional manipulation that occurs during the Presidential debates alone is absolutely appalling.
Do we really know why these men were selected as the best MEN IN AMERICA to Lead Our Country?
This is the 1st election where I felt like both leading candidates were severely flawed characters. Now more then ever, I find consolation in the fact that our country runs on a system of checks & balances including a bicameral legislature & the Supreme Court.
If you listen to any news or radio, you've probably heard that, many political analysts believe that historically speaking, our economy stands the best chance now that Oboma has been elected.
It is my hope & prayer that President Obama will serves our county with integrity.
I believe that the most important thing to remember is, who we are & where we came from! Our freedom has come at such a great cost. We must NEVER forget that, regardless of the price, it is ALWAYS work fighting for!

2 comments:

  1. So well written...this was a tough election...I am fearful and yet hopeful all at the same time...kinda wierd I know...but I honestly don't think I've ever felt this much trepidation with other elections and had my qualms about whether one or the other is right...I truly hope we see the needed capacity and skills in this man if anything terrible should happen to the great US of A and he is not a man who will cower...it is so hard to not to feel uneasy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also meant to say...♥ your blog background...I would ♥ that on my walls in my home =0]

    ReplyDelete