Saturday, November 29, 2008

Welcome Christmas

I am so happy that it's now officially the Christmas Season.
Thanksgiving was lovely, with delicious food and an abundance of gratitude or was that family. Either way, we has a great time.

Somehow, I have still managed to find something to complain about... so here it is.
Is it just me, or did Fall last WAY TOO long this year! I was getting so tired of looking at my fall decor that I was tempted to start chucking pumpkins around my house.
Yes, I know that's Alex & Ty's job, so I used some self control & settled for listening to Christmas music... So, I'm glad we can all finally focus on,
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, because don't we all, Need a Little Christmas
Welcome Christmas!!!! Here's a You Tube video link of old school Grinch video/song:
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=P_GwSN_tNN0


My next holiday confession, is while most people prefer ducking the crowds & avoid shopping at the busy hours, I LOVE crowds especially Black Friday (the day after Thanksgiving)

This year I didn't find time to get out with the early shoppers however, I did manage to shop for a couple of hours after my boys went to sleep.
Yes, I
Love good deals, but more then that, I love to see Moms & Dads, brothers & sisters, and all sorts of funny looking people who live all types of lifestyles run around like shopping is a sport...which it totally is!
Shopping with crowds really can be it's own kind of chaotic fun...if you follow a few rules.

1)There's no need to hurry".

This takes more practice for some of us.
Believe me, one of my favorite songs is, "I'm in a hurry" . We all know that being anxious & in a hurry doesn't make the water boil faster or the check-out line move at a more rapid pace. So, here are a few ideas for passing the time at check-out.
2) Learn to Enjoy Check-out time
Try taking your ques from Santa, He was, "Making a list, checking it twice." Use your wait in line as productive time. Plan what you need to do next, or check off the things you just did.
Make
notes on your recites while you recall which items were for which person just-in-case you have to return something later.
Sometimes it's fun to make random conversation
while your with other shoppers.
try to reminding yourself that, the cooties don't really exist... that helps when some over-anxious shopper decides to stand really really close.
If all else fails, read a tabloid, it will help you realize that your life isn't quite as messed-up as you think.
3) If the stores don't carry exactly what you are looking for, chances are good, that Christmas will still be Merry without it.
(This one is really hard for me. I have been known to go to multiple stores for a single item)
And while the gift may be retrieved, by running around like a chicken with your head cut off, I can never regain the time that was lost and rarely can I justify the sacrifices I made to obtain the desired item.)
Regardless of how you manage your shopping this season, I'm wishing you a Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

  1. I like your last comment, about that Christmas will still be merry, even if you don't find what you need! So TRUE! Christmas will come no matter what, huh? I do love this time of year, though, and I guess my favorite time, is Christmas Eve. I only wish it lasted a little longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they were all very good words of wisdom. There are so many people out there who could use more love, and love is free. We can give it without much effort at all, and those services are just as important.

    love you sister. I promise we will get together soon, somehow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good food for thought. This year was the first year I did the Black Friday spree. I had a blast!!! I think I already follow your advise & didn't even know it! I love watching people too & it's so sweet to see people going mad to get just the right present (at the right price) for loved ones. I got some super deals AND I got to go out ALL BY MYSELF! Ah...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures and ideas!! I was ready for the Christmas season, Fall really is SOO long, as there are 2 big holidays packed into fall. In FAct many people decorate twice two cover those two yet the pumpkin and colors are the same throughout fall. Good ridance to fall I say, on with It's beginning to look alot like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete