Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Still Breathing

As a record of the stats of last week, the truth is we survived.
Me and my merry men, battled a week that we hope is never topped nor repeated.
Sunday: 5:00pm Matthew Departs for the Airport while
Alex and Ty brawled in the tub.
Upon removing and dressing Ty, Alex thought it would be fun to go flood the House by overflowing our tub.
My response / stress reduction attempt: I chose to take shots of Alex. *I originally thought the water was just in the boys bathroom. Tuesday, I discovered that the carpet in my room was also soaked.
Initially, I wondered if maybe the water was trapped under the floor floors. I later realized, the damage was discovered Tuesday because that was my 1st shower since Matthew left. OOPS!
Monday: Getting Alex dressed and readdy w/ out Daddy was a
Alex arrives home from school without his "Blue Dog"
As you may have noticed, the sweet little dogs in the bath photo.
These puppies go EVERYWHERE with Alex and are his security and focus objects. With his Dad gone ALEX REALLY NEEDED THEM!
So we drove to the school, only to be reassured that they were placed in the back pack.
(Obviously they were not there or we wouldn't have driven to the school in the first place.)
Next Stop:Gilbert Bus Depot.
They swept the bus clean still no puppies.
So with on other ideas left, we headed to "Piper" to earn more. The Boys had a great time.

Upon returning from his after schools program, Alex Ran away from me instead of coming inside the house.
When Alex Runs...
I have no choice but to grab Ty, strap him in the minivan, and start praying.
He looks much like a cheetah on the hunt. The only thing is, I'm never quite sure what he's looking for. Actually I don't think he know's either until he finds it.
Flowers, water in the rain gutter or the park.
The hardest part about watching him run is that he maintains the
biggest and most intense smile on him face the entire time.
Often it's like he's mocking me, and assaulting me with every curl of his lips.
For we both know that when he gets a good head start...
all I can do is wait and pray.

To make our week more fun, I decided to take away Ty's bottle. So, he cried and wined much of Monday-Wednesday. Why wait and ruin a perfectly good week.
Okay- so I'm not blogging any more details of the rest of the week. This is WAY TOO LONG ALREADY!

The Bright Side/Blessings!
1) We Love & appreciate Daddy Matty Now More Then EVER!!!
2) G'ma & Papa Foote came and helping clean up after the flood and loved-up the boys.

3) G'ma Shum visited and treated the boys to a box of their favorite meal, Pizza Pockets.
4) Molly visited on Monday Night & watched a movie w/ me.
5) Wendy went out with me on Tuesday Night.
6) The Received a Lovely Haircut from Lana
7) The Fan that dried my carpet. ( Thanks Papa Shum.)
8) Josh & Cody for working w/ Alex
9) Tyson is completely off the bottle!!! Yeah!

With Tyson's Free Time (w/o the bottle), He is making TONS of calls to Goog-411
(free directory assistance) He is adores about having the phone talk to him.

7 comments:

  1. Those pictures of your boys are priceless, it is hard sometimes to remember just to step back and breathe. I need to stop and just remember the blessings I am getting along with the stress. Glad you made it thru, you are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarah. I don't know how you do it, but kudos to you for surviving it all. I'm impressed with your stamina, AND the fact that you can go days without showering, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I can only say...you are an amazing mom! First, taking pictures of the flood, instead of losing it with your son. I love it! It sounds like you sure have your hand full, and how wonderful for all the support you have, especially when your husband went out of town. Hang in there, Sarah. I think you're one special woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew glad that week is over for you. I hope this week is much better. You are a great mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are amazing...and ALWAYS ALWAYS you have a smile or hug or kind word for me...I just ♥ you! Bless your little pea pickin' ♥! I'm sure you feel exhausted mentally and physically but you are doing awesome...I have a son who flooded our home once...all I can say is WOW!!! It sucked. Yep it did! I hope you are having better days....♥ you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your amazing! And your living to tell about it! When our room got flooded we had to rip the carpet up and replace the pad. Aww, the silver lining!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sarah, I feel your pain. (Well, I guess only sort of because I know our situations are different...but still). I hated it whenever Troy was gone or had to work and I had to try and take the boys to church by myself, or anything like that. You're a trooper and I"m impressed with you and all you do. I KNOW it's hard. Just know you're not alone! :)

    ReplyDelete