Friday, December 12, 2008

Thank you Frank!

Last week, while replacing a door knob at Home Depot, I met an amazing man . Frank is a healthy and strong looking Senor Citizen who rides his bike to work at the Christmas Tree Lot & Garden Center. While busily arranging the poinsettias, he was kind enough to answer all of my questions. And while basil plants currently out of season,
He was actually willing to transport a 5 gallon potted plant from his home garden, so that this neurotic mom could cook with fresh herbs. WOW!
My next question was, why would Frank, want to work here. The following night, when I retrieved my basil plant, the answer hit me like a ton of bricks.
There she was, a beautiful little girl with golden blond hair and bright blue eyes. Here cheeks were bright pink from the cold December air. I didn't catch what she was wearing, because I so mesmerized by the joy and happiness that beamed from small 5 year old sole.
Her face was lit up brighter then any Christmas tree as
she was so happy to has chosen the perfect tree. It was all hers. Honestly, just seeing her face would have been worth any back ache created by a hoisting a huge heavy trees.
Who would want to sit at home and watch TV or read a book when you could see the Magic of Christmas Every night. I came back to that stand the following day with hopes of capturing a photo of another girl like her, or to find Frank to thank him for the plant. She was gone as I knew she would be, and I think Frank was hiding from me and my camera. As most good people are humble and don't want there photo on a blog.
I am so grateful for that gift, thanks to Frank I not only received a basil plant plant, but more importantly, I was able to see The Magic of Christmas in the Eyes of a Beautiful Angel Child.
Of course, I had to trade Frank for something, and since I sell candle I mentioned I'd like to give him one.
However, since his favorite scent, Lavender-vanilla, is a Spring Scent, it's a bit tough to locate in December.

So, if anyone knows who sells lavender vanilla candles, please let me know, as I still have a dept to pay.

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet man. It must add to the joy of christmas tree finding to have such a neat little man obtaining your tree for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice post! You are a true optimist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post, I love some of the senior citizens that sadly still have to work, I tend to feel bad for them but maybe they are really working for other reasons and not just to earn a paycheck. It is probably such a great feeling inside to see the childrens bright smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah -- thank you for your sweet post --- made my very eye water ... loves --- shye

    ReplyDelete