Monday, October 27, 2008

"Falling" in love again

Every year, I forget how much I love Autumn in the Zone. So, we don't have the vibrate colored leaves everywhere & we lack the crisp cool temperatures. However, aren't sweaters really over rated anyway? We don't need them... not here anyway.
There is nothing like an October Day at the park!
Today I took Ty & a couple of his cousins to the park! They had a ball! The funny thing was, when we 1st arrived, one of the kids yelled across the playground, "Sister Smith, can He, (reffering to my nephew Westin ), play with your toys too?"
I could noticed another couple that did not look like your typical Mormons.
Instantly, we all chuckled at the loosely used LDS jargon.
It seemed the perfect ice breaker, so I approached them & humorously introduced myself as "Sister Foote". Luckily, they were used to the "sister & bother" lingo & we could moved on to other great, conversation.
Ironically, while we where just three random groups of people, and yet, in the short visit, we discover that we all had 4 things in common.
1 We were all just soaking up the beautiful day.
2 We all blogged
3. The Kiddos' names:
Their grandson's name was Sage Christian. I had brought my niece Sage with me &
Sister Smith's son's name was Christian.
4-We were all closely related to a child affected by Autism.
Another thing that amazed me about the park experience was, how seamlessly all of the children played. No adult intervention was even needed. They all just played with the other kids without even exchanging names.
Wes played in the sand with the other boys while & Ty chased Sage each other all over the playground. Even Ty's speach delays & sensory issues were absolutely irrelevant at the park.
What a blessing! A Cool Fall Day & a Trip to the Park.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a relaxing day! I miss sweaters. They hide the extra pounds so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you, taking your kids and others to the park! Superwoman! I am glad you guys had such a great time. I feel almost guilty to have kept my kids inside all day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. on noggin they play this song called, "i'm falling in love with fall". Made me think of that when I read your blog. I love strangers. I like to be reminded how much good is in the world untainted by the goings on of the world.

    xoxo
    molly

    ps nice background

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ♥ FALL and I ♥ sweatshirts and jeans!!! I WANT crisp cool air...soon I hope! What a fun day at the park...=0]

    ReplyDelete