Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Sweater Dilemma

Okay so perhaps I should retract my previous statement. I absolutely agree, that for many people, sweaters are successful at creating the appearance of shaving off a few lbs.
However, at the same time, I must say, all sweaters are not created equal.
Personally, I absolutely hate the itchy kind & the ones that choke you around the neck. Perhaps even more annoying are the ones that are so bulky & thick. They say,
"hi I am your hips, butt and tummy...I bet you never thought I could look so large!"
There are however those perfect sweaters, they must feel like a great big hug wrapped all the way around you, like a warm embrace. Perhaps they even whisper in your ears," Your day isn't quite as bad as you think... hang in there."
To be honest, I've never actually owned one of those types of sweaters. I have seen many people wearing them. And whenever I see one of "those people" I am in a state of ah. I think, wow, that person actually looks both attractive & comfortable (in a sweater).
Inside, I have been totally jealous thinking... I hope someday I will own a sweater like that.
And yet, every time I try one on, I am reminded why I hate sweaters.
For those of you who love sweaters, and wear them well...please share your secrets because some day I want to be one of "those people."

5 comments:

  1. Man, I totally hate sweaters too. I do own one, ONE, that's soft and comfortable, but nothing beats a nice, short sleeved shirt on a beautiful AZ Fall day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I am so with you on this one. I would love for the day to come when I could find a sweater that is both attractive on me (yeah right!) and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that was just a funny and clever post. Thanks for making me chuckle. I do feel your pain, most sweaters do suck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too hate sweaters. That's why I run around all day with no shirt on.

    That said, nothing beats a good red cape.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol..I hear ya... ALEX

    ReplyDelete