Monday, January 05, 2009

Christmas Tidbits

Alex was so psyched about finding his long lost Lion King picture behind his bed on Christmas morning. Perhaps he believed Santa returned it to him.
Tyson enjoyed digging through his stocking . Note the bald spot on his head.
He did that
all by himself
(just what every mom wants for Christmas photos)
Once the boys opened their 1st present, there hands were full and they were finished.
Of course that item was something Matthew got for free from the Boeing Store.
(Mini Space Ships) Why do we buy presents????
Here's the water table Santa Claus (Papa Foote)
designed this just for Alex
as you can see it's a big hit.
Pirate Al was tired of waiting for the Chocolate Creme Christmas pie.
He decided to take matters into his own hands.
I was just glad to have one thing off my list of things to do.

All and all, most of my day was spent running around trying to make to make my boys open their gifts, sit on Shanta's lap and do other "things" that would make Christmas wonderful.
At in the end, the highlight of all the doings, was sitting with Alex and once again, just enjoying my boys, watching them take it all in there own way, playing with a few toys and loving those who stopped by.
When I chose to be a parent I thought that I would teach my children many things.
Through this process, I am constantly reminded that I am the one that was really needs to learn.

8 comments:

  1. Great picture of you with Ty and Santa. Isn't it funny that we really are the ones in need of learning. I will get frustrated and Griffin will be mister charming and not even remember what he did wrong...to be happy like a child certainly is the quest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good Christmas. You look great in that pic. That water table is REALLY COOL! I am sooo impressed with Matts dad for making it.... Scarlett would love that! Love you sister. Perhaps we can exchange christmas gifts sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless your heart Sara. Your positive attitude and outlook is really inspirational to me. Thanks for posting, I do enjoy it when you get around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you enjoyed Christmas, my kids are teaching me something everyday. It is so fun when you can sit back and watch them play and get so excited over things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was my deleted comment, I actually posted my other comment twice...oops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! That water table looks really cool...what a great gift! Is it super messy, though? I especially like the picture with you in it at the end. You're quite beautiful, you know that??

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so nice.
    It's not too bad, He LOVES it & it's calming.

    We just play over the tile and keep a towel nearby in case someone gets overly excited.
    It's a huge improvement over playing in real sinks as there's no flood risks! :)

    ReplyDelete