Friday, January 23, 2009

Mayday Mayday


My newest discovery is highly concentrated household cleaners. I love them.
The concept is, buy 1 bottle and make tons more.

So, with my cleaner finally running low, and my house looking dirty, I headed for Mayday Professional Cleaning Supplies. That is the place to get hooked up on that sort of professional strength cleaning products.

Along the way, evolved a brilliant plan. I'd clean my own carpets, rent a professional machine and save a bundle. The Professional stuff must work really wonderful for my nasty carpet.

I see this ENORMOUS cleaner in the back or the store. It's huge and a bit intimidatiing. But, bigger is better right? And..only $30.00 for Friday-Monday. Wow such a deal.

Friday Night anxious to start. It took us 2 hours to clean just our Family Room. Honestly, if I didn't sweat like a pig and have wet carpet there would have been no proof of our hard work. My carpet still looked yucky. The photo is an after shot.

Mayday Mayday this do-it-yourselfers
dreams were quickly going down in flames.


Fortunately, my Dad came and rescue me with his cleaner, products and skills. Together, we cleaned the whole house including the family room in the same 2 hours. Amazing!
Thanks Dad.

My conclusions: bigger is not always better and experience really helps when it comes to projects like this.

5 comments:

  1. You're halarious! Thank goodness for professionals - like our parents! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you're so gung-ho on these big fatty projects! Good for you. Thank goodness for dads who come to our rescues, right?? Glad your house is clean, though...that's gotta feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im glad dad came to the rescue, I have been amazed at how clean they can get carpets with their cleaners.

    xoxo.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanna be next, dad's are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:25 AM

    Dad is a rock star when it comes to big projects like that. Way to show the initiative, there really ought to be a refund in your future!!

    ReplyDelete