Friday, January 02, 2009

Resolutions

Everywhere I turn, people are training and gearing up for Triathlons.
The physical and emotional triumph over insurmountable feats of physical strength and stamina.
Some even travel to New Zealand and other exotic places and accomplish what to me seems like ultimate physical torture.
These events are all the craze these days.
As far as I can gather, the real motive behind this madness is to obtain the sexy, I mean healthy body.
I have been told that there is an amazing natural high and joy associated with accomplishing extremely challenging physical challenges.
Personally, I have zero experience with any of these concepts.
Primarily because I have very little coordination, best displayed by my special skill of falling off treadmills. Usually near insanely hot guys while focusing more on them or what is on my ipod then my feet.
Aside from that, I have a few other whack ideas preventing me from becoming a triathlete .
1) The only good reason to run is if you are being chased.
2) If you've stolen something, or someone has taken something from you. OR
3) If you're playing a game or sport.
Please don't me wrong, I have great respect those who swim like Olympians and run like track stars and spin like Spinners? Where did that term come from anyway? Was bikers was already associated with leather and Harley's?

As for my own resolutions, I'm planning on rediscovering my gym membership, elliptical machine and reacquaint myself with my favorite senor citizens in water aerobics.
Aside from that, I really do want to be a little kinder, a little less neurotic and hopefully a little more easy going.
I want to make it a point to take the time to enjoy what is good about life. Strive to enjoy the things that are beautiful and free.
And most importantly, do much less complaining!!! As that seem to be all I ever do... ASK Matty.

5 comments:

  1. Yes - Yes - I agree to 1 - 2 - 3 - and I might add if there is a great major sale !! love it !! Your the BEST Sarah !! love you -shye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Resolutions, and funny twist on Spinners, I just wondered the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for making resolutions and writing them down. Hope you have a great new year and are able to accomplish what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry we missed you today, I sure hope you feel better.
    Good Luck with your new resolutions, I would love to say I accomplished something like a triathalon, but man you got to be totally dedicated and in great shape, it would take me a long time to train. ♥ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better! Sickness is a huge bummer. Resolutions.... I say good luck with them all. I suppose that the hipe about triathalons is so high because it truely is amazing! I know I could never do it. So if any of those people feel the way I feel, that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete