Tuesday, January 13, 2009

HOw Do YOu kNow?

Last weekend, while home with Tyson and his lovely boogers, I decided to paint the hall bath.

The design was inspired by Alex's love for water, boredom & random paint and supplies that were lying around my house.

After, everything was put back together, still unsure of the job I'd done I said to Alex;
It's blue, and it has a waterfall. What do you think, do you like it?

He paused for a second and then stated singing, "How do you know she loves you? How do you know she's yours?

To understand the song completely, watch Enchanted. Needless to say, my Mommy Heart melted. If my entire house is someday painted in shades of blue, you'll know why.
So here are some pictures. I painted 1 wall is the light solid blue.

The Sea life is a Cross Stitch was given is from my Mom it was hung in G'Pa Shumway's Bathroom until she heard of my water theme bath idea. That's gift pushed me over the edge. Thanks Mom!

The Fountain Know by the name Tiki, purchased at Walgreen's for $4.00. This gift was never opened but never more appreciated. We are already on

The Shells and sand dollar collected by Bekah, Jacob & Nathan. They were kind enough to collect them from the Mexican Beaches for me. For only a mild bride and competition.


7 comments:

  1. that is such a cute story, and I can hear little alex singing it in my head. Love you sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a BEAUTIFUL story, Sarah! Yes, I know the song well...in fact when I saw the title, before I even read your post, the song entered my head. What a good mommy you are, Sarah. I needed that today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, where's the picture of your handy work? I need to see what you created out of random leftovers that made your child sing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I love how you're always changing your banner. I really like this newest one. How do you do it? I need some help with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep...need pictures! :) I wish I had time to try and paint in my house--the whole front room and kitchen would be first on my list! I also have my bathroom in blue. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya, I don't really have the time myself. I'm just impulsive enough that I throw caution to the wind. I still haven't gotten to the detail work. Hence my lack of photos. I'll see what I can put together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:25 AM

    Oh the pictures are just awesome!!! Wow the little accents came together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete